Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Enjoy Your Stay!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

B - Search For Clues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kenji

B - Search For Clues Empty
PostSubject: B - Search For Clues   B - Search For Clues EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Sonya

Sonya walked out of the interrogation room a moment later. Jirobou was already standing there waiting for her. Two medics moved past them and went to go tend to the broken prisoner inside. There wasn't anything physically wrong with him, but mentally, he would be a drooling vegetable for at least the next couple of hours. Using powerful genjutsu on someone with no shinobi experience was like bringing a harrier to a baseball game and carpet bombing the entire opposing team. Overkill didn't even begin to cover it, but at least it got the job done.

“So, he gave us what we needed,” Sonya said, shoving her hands into her pockets. She hoped that her methods were effective enough for him. “Or at least everything he knew. He and the rest of his marauder friends were approached several months ago by an individual who kept his identity concealed. He made them an offer that was supposed to give them riches and glory, and then had them patrol along the border of Wind Country and attacking anyone they came across.”

Jirobou thought about this information carefully for a few moments. “The question now is, who was the person who hired them? And why?”

“Well, we do have a lead anyway.” Sonya pulled out a map of the Shinobi Lands from the front pocket in her flak jacket. She unfolded it and showed it to him. Near the border of Wind Country and River Country was an X marked on it. “He said that their 'boss', as they referred to this mystery person, met them here, in a small village just inside of River Country.”

“Then that's as good a place as any to start searching for clues,” he said with a nod. “Go ahead and meet me at the village entrance, I'm going to quickly head over to the administration building and put this in as an official mission. I'll meet you when I'm done and we'll make for River Country immediately.”

Sonya arrived at the entrance several minutes later. She didn't have to wait very long until Jirobou showed up and led them out of Suna. The trip would normally take a few days, but Jirobou had other faster methods of travel. Fortunately, it was nothing like Hachi's flying rock; instead, he had bird summons, a much more convenient and safer method of travel.

The two arrived at the designation on the map three hours later. River Country was quite different than Wind Country's deserts. Instead of endless sand, there were lush, rolling wills covered with forests of trees, and many different rivers snaking their way across the countryside. The village that they came to rested in between two different rivers that split at the gates and forked away into the distance, both disappearing into separate tree clusters.

The first thing that they noticed about the village was that there was nobody outside. Not one person walked the streets. In fact, not one shop was open either. As far as they could see, the entire place had been abandoned.

“What the hell...” Sonya muttered, reaching into her hip pouch and pulling out a kunai, keeping her guard up. “This place is deserted.”

“No doubt about that...” Jirobou agreed, gazing around carefully. The only sound was that of the whispering wind, which was all too eery.

After walking around for several minutes, Sonya caught some movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned, noticing a shadow darting behind a house. She quickly followd, catching up with relative ease and tackling the figure from behind.

“Hold it!” she called, pinning the struggling woman to the ground. She was dirty and ragged, and frightened. “Who are you? What happened to this town?”

“Please don't hurt me!” she cried. “It wasn't me!”

“We're not going to hurt you,” Jirobou declared. “We just want to ask you some questions. Sonya, let her up.”

Sonya listened, getting off the woman and helping her back to her feet.

“What happened here?” Jirobou asked, calmly. “Where is everyone?”

The woman sniffled, glancing around nervously. “I don't...I don't know. I was away... away, you see, visiting my aunt. I come back and... and everyone's gone, the whole town, nobody. Except for that one person... the man.”

Jirobou looked at her curiously. “What man?”

“I don't know who he is, but he came through every day, walked the center of the streets, then he'd sit at the fountain in the middle of town. Like he was waiting for something you know? He stopped coming lately... but I thought you were him and came back, that's why I ran.”

“You said you think he was waiting for someone?”

The woman nodded.

“You have any idea what?” Jirobou asked.

“No,” she said quickly. “I mean I don't know... I mean maybe. I think a person.”

Jirobou raised an eyebrow. “How do you know he was waiting for someone?”

“Because the person came, just yesterday,” she said frantically. “I was watching from my house, it's by the town center. I listened, eavesdropped, you know? I didn't really understand what they were talking about, but one of them kept saying that everything was ready, and they should have a meeting soon.”

“A meeting... did they say when? Or where?”

The woman closed her eyes, trying to recall. “Um... um... I think they mentioned Tani. You know, the big village of the country. I don't remember when... but the man kept going that way. Towards Tani. I think he's heading for the meeting. But he was on foot, and the journey is at least three days. You might be able to catch him, maybe? If you really wanted to question him, I mean he would probably know more.”

Jirobou instantly made a hand sign and formed a shadow clone. “Looks like we just got another mission,” he stated. “My clone will head back to Suna to inform the village. We keep going.”

AP: 3
TP: 1000
Ryo: 1000
Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 2 • Speed: 3 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 3 • Chakra Control: 1
Ninjutsu: 3 • Taijutsu: 2 • Genjutsu: 4
AP: 6/50
TP: 8797

Back to top Go down
https://narutogenerations.rpg-board.net

B - Search For Clues