Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Enjoy Your Stay!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escape Tunnels.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyrax
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage
Nyrax

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:21 am

A simple tunnel that leads to the backdoor of the new Hidden Earth Village. In the event that their location be compromised, the Tsuchikage had the earth shinobi dig this tunnel so that the villagers could escape before their invaders found their way through the maze of tunnels. Once everyone has gotten through, various earth shinobi have been commanded to block the tunnel in order to increase the likelihood of escape and survival.
Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:23 am

Hojo Arisu

Well… this was about as far from the training ground where Fu was as she could think of, but she didn’t see any training ground around here at all! Arisu simply continued to wander about, looking for any crack or crevice in the tunnel that might just give her a clue as to where the training ground might be. …Maybe at the end?
Mood: Baffled
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 2 • Speed: 1 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 3 • Chakra Control: 1
Ninjutsu: 3 • Taijutsu: 0 • Genjutsu: 2
AP: 0/10
TP: 309

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

"Hm, this is an interesting one... Lymphatic nodes seem in check, yet there's swelling in his temple... Hmm..." The jōnin commander stood over a fresh corpse, his bloodied gloves inspecting the body with mild disinterest. The Escape Tunnels were perfect for the work that he was performing; nobody ever used them outside of an emergency. It was the perfect location for his... research. After exploring the bodies for a good enough time, he could easily just cremate the body and destroy all evidence as it had come. The specimen he had before him was a young baker from the lower ends of town. He had acquired the body after a dispute over the bread sales in front of the young man's shop. Killing the poor buffoon was the easy part; bringing him to the escape tunnels had proved exceptionally difficult. He had barely escaped a group of ANBU when-

He looked up suddenly. There was a distant, relatively small chakra approaching him just now. Although he had not completely ruled out the possibility of wanderers, he had not expected anyone to take this route to go to anywhere except... outside the village. He sighed, "Hello intruder, you do realize that it is illegal to be in this part of Iwa, do you not?" He made no effort to hide the corpse or the bloodied corpse behind. The only light in the tunnel was the oil lamp that stood about a few inches from the corpse. He wanted the intruder to know that she had reached the end of the road.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Tired
Stamina: 4 • Speed: 1 • Strength: 1 • Intelligence: 4 • Chakra control: 3
Ninjutsu: 5 • Taijutsu: 0 • Genjutsu: 4
AP: 0
TP: 0
Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Hojo Arisu

“Hi there, Cap’n!” Arisu spoke obliviously with a quick salute to the dark, ominous figure beside the bloody corpse. “There wouldn’t happen to be a training ground around here would there? Caesar told me there was one aaaaaall the way away from the other- Mister Bread!” She shouted at random, seeming to recognize the corpse at this point as she continued to walk closer. “You’re not looking so well…” She paused on that note before finally picking up on what Noroi had said before she began her tirade. “Can’t be illegal if you and Mister Bread are here! Besides, Caesar sent me here and he’s the head salad of the village, ya know?”
Mood: Baffled

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi scratched his head; Mr. Caesar? Well, at least the young girl did not possess a dangerous chakra. "Mr. Caesar? Humph, you're an interesting one." What surprised him most was the lack of fear in the girl's face upon the corpse; at least she wasn't queasy. He stepped forward, "Now, who might Mr. Caesar be, girl? Is he an enemy of our village? I do not recognize the name."

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Hojo Arisu

"A snorglevorp is a snorglevorp and a salad is a salad! You should very well know Caesar you big liar! He only runs the entire place!" She glared at him sternly with hands on her hips, leaning forward with an accusing glare before blinking and wobbling back like gelatin into more of a hard, toe tapping contemplation pose. "Or... maybe you just forgot? Did you bump your head, Cap'n? I do hope you're alright."

Her concern was short lived however. In an instant she switched back to her normal, happy go lucky, self as she walked straight up to Noroi and the corpse and leaned over the dead body.

"So what happened to Mister Bread anyway? I hope the shadows didn't get him. Mean and spiteful little buggers those shadows. No... wait... shadows like to turn people inside out." She slowly checked the body up and down before suddenly blurting out, " Normal voltage imperfect evil inferiority market labor ruler contrary? ...You wouldn't happen to be doing something you shouldn't be back here?" In the last sentence her posture and voice changed to something slightly more feminine and adult and less childish. "Well isn't this fascinating... May I inquire as to your reason for hauling dead bodies into the escape tunnels?"
Mood: What

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi grinned after hearing her inquiry, "Oh, him? I killed him. I've killed hundreds like him, civilian and shinobi alike, in my quest to becoming a shinobi god. Why I do this deed in the escape tunnels should be obvious in light of that." He was blunt, his face bearing that insistent grin that had driven many a shinobi insane. If there was one thing that Fushigawa Noroi did not care for, it was a pretense of innocence. She could have been the Tsuchikage (or Mr. Caesar as she preferred to call him) for all he cared, he would have given the same, straightforward response. The worst sin anyone could perform would be to pretend to be innocent when he knew that he was guilty. He knelt by the corpse, touching its smooth face as an old woman would have touched a pet cat. It was a shame; the corpse's emaciated form reminded him of the scarcity of specimen in the village. With a string of hand seals, the corpse rose to life, facing the girl with a putrid, half-decayed smile.

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 am

Hojo Arisu

"Well... that begs the question of just what defines a 'shinobi god'..." Arisu deliberated mostly to herself. As the corpse rose seemingly of its own volition though, her face screwed up into something between shock and disgust. "Well that's hardly put greed precaution..." Her right eye twitched before her lips drew into a joyous smile and she continued. "Mister Bread is okay!"

In an instant she reverted back to her more childish ways, leaping with joy and clapping her hands at the revival of the baker.

"That's a neat trick, Cap'n! Can you bring ANYONE back to life?! It would have been fantastic to have you around when my poor pet snake croaked like a toadie! He coulda been dancin' around good as new!" The macabre nature of whatever Noroi was doing was entirely lost on the playfully oblivious girl. If anything she enjoyed it a bit more than she should!
Mood: What

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Her question brought an earnest smile his face, "A shinobi god is a shinobi who rules over the shinobi world. Not necessarily the strongest ninja, but definitely the smartest." In response to her second question, he chuckled, "No, not yet, that's one part of the research that I am conducting. Long ago there was a technique that could bring anyone back to life. It is written all over the history books, but no mention is made of the man or the abilities he possessed. As of right now, I can only revive bodies, not spirits. Souls are much harder because for the most part, they have already crossed over... So your snake's body would have been reanimated, but its memories, its likes, and dislikes would be lost forever." The girl was something else; she was probably the first person he had met who was not suspicious of his character, despite his being so honest. He grinned, "Here take this kunai. Throw it at me. I want to show you the progress of my research." Although he had sworn to never use this technique outside of desperate combat; he had wanted the Tsuchikage to be the first to witness his ascent into godhood, but... he was sure that he would not regret letting this girl see his perfection either.

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Hojo Arisu

Arisu nodded her understanding as Noroi went on. Somewhere in the deep caverns of her irreparably shattered mind she actually formed a large amount of worry. She had never been particularly excellent at looking after herself and so when she was on especially hard times he’d been willing to part with an old roll or stale loaf for free. She’d have to hope that the next time she found herself in dire straits she could find someone else kind enough to make a small donation. She may just shrivel up and die!

In the here and now she merely cocked her head to the side as she investigated the newly risen dead body, doing a quick half circle around him before returning to her original position.

“So what’s in there then if it’s not Mister Bread?” she asked curiously.

“Kay then!” she exclaimed just as joyfully as ever as he handed her a sharp weapon of stabby hurting. She seemed perfectly at home with the shinobi tool, spinning it on a finger before letting it fly into the air and quickly catching it. She hopped backward on one foot with four large jumps, spun three times and announced her intentions. “Aaaaaand GO!” At the end of the third spin she let the kunai fly with great accuracy aimed straight for the center of Noroi’s body. She bent forward quickly to watch the ensuing display, adjusting her oversized hat to guard against non-existent sunlight.
Mood: Zebra

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

"W-WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!" The eyes of the jōnin commander widened in disbelief as the blade raced toward him. He could make no attempt to dodge it as he was far too slow. This would certainly mean the death of him... Even Mr. Bread seemed startled, his eyebrows raised in an undead curiosity. There would be no escape... The blade whistled as it hurled through the air, and surely looked like it was going to connect.

...and it did. Except, it continued its trajectory as if through empty space. The blade would connect with the earthen floor, a number of meters behind the jōnin commander as if there had been no object to obstruct its path. The jōnin chuckled, "You see, my research has carried me quite a distance towards my goal. Even a Kage will find difficulty defeating an opponent that he cannot land a hit on-" He stopped as he lunged forward and coughed up a small puddle of blood, his glasses falling into the puddle innocently. "Well... My research does have its limits," he chuckled, "You can imagine the sort of strain a technique like this can have... To be honest, I am in need of a partner. You appear to be just as insane as I am; I could bring you to the height of Shinobi godship. If you care to join me, I will teach you techniques such as these, and you will develop even stronger ones." He couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth; sure, he would need a partner, but he had no idea whether this girl was a shinobi genius or a generic dropout. Working alongside her would require... it would require him to trust her. He fell back onto his butt and laughed, "That is, if you don't mind receiving a hickey from a guillotine should we be caught."

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Hojo Arisu

The odd girl didn’t seem particularly alarmed at the progress of her kunai and the seeming lack of progress from her new friend, simply staring on in interest till the kunai passed straight through his body. Immediately she burst into a hopping, clapping fit of supreme enjoyment.

“That’s a neat trick, Cap’n! You’re like a ghost or somethin’! Mister Hat would clap too if he had hands!” She paused her joyous clapping however, when Noroi started to cough up blood. “Well I guess that crosses off the ghost thing, eh?” she asked rhetorically with a tilt of her head. It was really too bad since she’d never met a real life ghost before.

She gasped in surprise when he offered a partnership in which she could learn to do the same sort of thing that he’d just shown her. She squealed with delight, jogging in place for a moment before suddenly going into a rigid stance with a salute to match.

“O cap’n! My Cap’n!” she shouted dutifully before relaxing again. She hopped over to the man and offered him a hand up; though considering how sickly thin she was due to malnutrition it was very likely that his weight would only pull her down as well. “Hickeys are kinda gross, but I guess that means we just need to stay away from the guillotine! This is gonna be fun! What do we do first huh?!” With apparently boundless energy, Arisu was fully prepared to move on to the next thing.
Mood: Ecstatic!

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am

Fushigawa Noroi

He smiled, "For now? Nothing. We go on as any normal team would. I will register you at the tent as my pupil. We will do basic missions up above and perform research down here. When my research proves itself to be satisfactory, we will leave the village to continue it elsewhere until... until we are ready to return." The final words of his sentence bore an ominous tone that foreshadowed a very bloody future ahead. He took the girl's hand, relying on both her strength and the strength of the reanimated corpse behind him. Standing tall he nodded, "Oh, by the way, what's your name? I am Fushigawa Noroi."

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Hojo Arisu

"Aye aye, Cap'n!" Arisu exclaimed affirmatively with a cheeky grin and thumbs up of approval. Either she didn't comprehend or simply didn't care about the implications of Noroi's master plan. "I haven't been this excited since that time I had a tea party in Wonderland! They're really very nice people you know ...perhaps a bit on the violent side... and some of them weren't really people... Oh well, on to other things! I guess I totally forgot to introduce myself! Name's Hojo Arisu! Nice ta meetcha!" She held out her hand again, this time for a shake. "Shall we go then? I can finally be part of a real team!"
Mood: Ecstatic!

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 am

Fushigawa Noroi

He smiled, "Of course, nice to meet you Arisu-sama. Now, let us move out, we have much to accomplish and very little time to do so." With a single hand seal, Mr. Bread dropped to the ground lifeless, the only sign of his having been alive being the soft footprints that lined the Earthen floor. Noroi made no attempt to hide the footprints; he knew that sooner or later they would be caught. If he gave the right leads every now and then, he could take the ANBU for a wild goose-ride to find out the identity of the murderer. As they followed the path to its exit, Noroi asked silently, "Arisu, have you ever been outside of the village?"

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:59 am

Hojo Arisu

Arisu’s lips pursed in a childish pout as Noroi passed right by her attempted hand shake, but considering just how small her attention span was and the fact that it had happened more than once from more than one person in her lifetime Arisu was able to shrug it off. Instead of complaining she just went back to smiling and took the quick three step jog to catch up and stay beside him.

“Bye, Mister Bread! See ya another day!” she called back casually to the lifeless corpse. She didn’t seem particularly bothered by the fact that they were just leaving it there to be discovered. Instead she just went right along with business as usual to answer Noroi’s question. “Born and bred in Rocky Rhode! Guardfaces are jelly so they don’t let me take a look around. They don’t like Mister Hat and Mister Hat doesn’t like them back. Stupid guardfaces…”
Mood: U Jelly?

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi nodded, "Yeah... Me neither... I've always wanted to see the outside world... for the decrepit monster that it is." In the clamor of his own thoughts, he had not taken notice of the outstretched hand; instead, he looked at the kunoichi with a rather grave look, "It's pathetic isn't it? I've spent over twenty years in this village without seeing the outside. It took an earthquake for me to get the promotion I needed to leave and it took an earthquake to keep me locked in. It's all horrific..." He spat the word earthquake with a venom that may suggest some guilt in the event's passing but a refusal to acknowledge it.

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Hojo Arisu

“Ah yeah…” Arisu recollected nonchalantly about the catastrophic event. “…That sucked a lil bit… You seem pretty good for a fella’ getting held back by the man though. Been hidin’ your power level from everyone, Cap’n? Makes me wish I still had my scouter! I bet it’s OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!” she randomly howled down the tunnel with the last bits echoing endlessly off the walls. “Ah… That was a rush.” And she was on to something else. “That’s how I got acquainted with the shadows. They’re very not nice. I’d love to see the world! I wonder if there are unicorns…”
Mood: Out of This World

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi chuckled, "I have, haven't I? I'm afraid skills of my type would not be appreciated by the Tsuchikage. Some may say that they are rather... violent." He mused to himself at the kunoichi's random statements. She seemed sane enough to comprehend his statements... yet he could not understand the nature or the order that went behind her saying them. He could attempt to find out, but... that would be too drastic, especially in their stage of their apprenticeship. "Say, Arisu, do you remember much of your past?"

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Hojo Arisu

“Violent? Nah, you’re not violent at all! Ya wanna know what’s violent? The voices that talk to me on the wind, now THEY are violent! Somehow they manage to still come around even when it’s not windy though…”

Once asked about her past, Arisu seemed to take a moment of thought before spitting out a lot of stuff that didn’t really tend to answer anything.

“What if I was actually a space alien that crash landed here when I was a baby and Caesar found me and took me in, but then he found out that the rays of a yellow sun gave me super powers so he triggered an earthquake to bury the entire village below ground to keep my awesomeness in check and now I’m trapped here forever to ensure that I can never escape and wreak terror on all civilization?!!!” She finally stopped, taking deep breaths as she recovered from her extra long tirade. “…Makes ya wonder, don’t it? I’ll tell you one thing we’re not: safe.” She did her best to seem ominous about it, though the ability to take her seriously had very likely been tossed out the window long ago.
Mood: Fumoffu!

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi shook his head, "Why did I even bother to ask...?" He stopped as the kunoichi finished her final sentence, his eyes scanning the young girl with wonder. "You're right. We aren't. Nobody seems to be..." He pointed at the end of the tunnel, the exit letting out a few rays of light from the edges of a boulder that seemed to block the path. "This part has always been sealed. We cannot unseal it; it would be like sending out a flyer to every shinobi in the village that we were here illegally." He did not appear the least bit phased by his statement, as if it bore no weight, "But yet, every time, I manage to get out. Can you imagine how?" He tapped one of the walls leading up to the exit, instantly causing it to collapse into another tunnel that lead to a detour. "This bypass was made in case any enemies followed the civilians into this part of the cave, it leads to an area right on the border of the village. Follow me." After they stepped through, he formed hand seals, causing the wall to reform behind them. In a few minutes they were outside in a rocky area on the village's outskirts, "That's the outside world," he pointed, "Take a good look, in a short while, we will be exploring it."

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Hojo Arisu

Arisu rubbed her chin in deep thought as Noroi revealed the trick passageway. She seemed to be straining herself.

“Ain’t that a bit too easy, Cap’n?” she asked suspiciously, her gaze shifting first one way and then the next before heading off after him anyways. Overall her worries were few and if Noroi thought that it was alright then that was good enough for her! If they got in trouble at least she had some good excuses to fall back on!

“Super keen!” Arisu’s attitude immediately brightened again with the announcement that they’d be seeing the outside of the village in the near future. “I’m gonna get me a pet armadillo!” She hopped up and down excitedly with hyperactive clapping at the mere thought!

She paused within the moment of a split second, going back to her version of deep contemplation.

“Won’t that make us bad people? I’m pretty sure no one will be happy if I go outside…” Apparently what she’d already seen of Noroi hadn’t classified him as a ‘bad person’ quite yet. Most of the things he'd said earlier about guillotines and getting killed if they were caught seemed to have soared over her head as well.

Back to top Go down
Mahiko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Mahiko

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

Fushigawa Noroi

Noroi's voice took a solemn tone, "No, it wouldn't. It would make the people who trapped us here the bad ones. The important thing in life is to work for no one's happiness but your own. That's the only way we can stay sane in this world. If we worried about every little foot we stepped on, and every frown we've caused, we would turn into the bad people that they say we are." He lightened up, "But don't worry about that. We will be leaving later on. For now, enjoy Iwa. Say, do you want to take up some missions, just to get your mind off it?"

Back to top Go down
Douza
Chuunin
Chuunin
Douza

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Hojo Arisu

Arisu did a short ‘left foot, right foot, spin around, hop and pose gleefully’ dance before seeming to return to the real world again.

“If you say so, Cap’n… but this seems reeeeeally familiar! I try not to make anyone frown though! It’s bad mojo jojo!” She giggled, spun, clapped and immediately shifted back into her conversation. “Sure! Missions seem entertainingly karmariffic! It would be kinda nice to actually make some friends aside from you before I go!”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escape Tunnels. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Tunnels.   Escape Tunnels. Empty

Back to top Go down

Escape Tunnels.